About the Artist :
I am Binoj, an artist by nature and fashion designer by profession and education. I spend my time oscillating between these two so called entities.For me art is an expression and design is a solution. …But whether in art or design there is one thing in common ..that I really enjoy…the process of creation.. the journey of an idea…from a concept to an expression and an experience. It’s a good kick really and makes me high.
From the very beginning, my work has been obsessed with selective memories and dreams, which were always poetic, dealing with what’s real with us is what makes us different. It gives you place or an option to create one. It’s amazing to find how more personal you get for it the more universal you become. For me creation is an emergency a voracious hunger.
I keep a journal of life events, instead of jotting it down I choose to convey it through a visual medium where slices of reality and dust of my dreams are morphed together to form the bricks of this surreal world of expression. for the viewers it appears surreal but for me it is incredibly natural and as real as it can get, being just the traces of my imagination teasing yours!
NIFT BANGALORE- UG IN FASHION AND APPAREL DESIGN
Photography exibition-Imaginecup 2009 Egypt conducted by Microsoft corp.
Artist wanted New York at Time square Billboard Premier 2012.
1,001 Artists Project, a digital display of works by artists from all around the world-SCOPE Art Show in Miami -December 2012.
• Best Design collection of the year 2010 award by NIFT.
• Award for all-round performer of the academic year 2006 -2010 batch of NIFT Bangalore.
• One among the world's best six student photographers in Imaginecup 2009 conducted by Microsoft corp: Represented India for the international competition for the finals in Egypt.
• 2010 IED Florence creative diary international partial scholarship winner in visual arts -photography and visual communication.
• Art works showcased by Artist wanted New York at Time square Billboard Premier 2012.
• Showcased by 1,001 Artists Project, a digital display of works by artists from all around the world-SCOPE Art Show in Miami -December 2012.
• Art Works featured by Skoda prize for contemporary arts , creative gaga magazine &The Wall magazine(web:)
• Illustrations published by Creative Gaga Magazine (Trend feed-Inspiring design that has the potential to be influential-Nov/Dec 2012).
• Critic’s Choice winner of WAC art competition for emerging artists and featured by The WALL magazine India